I love well-plated items, usually food. Today I'm going to feature two recent plates, the design of which strictly relating to the food items placed upon them. The best design.
1. Sean made this breakfast for me a few days ago. My body apparently craves sweet potatoes 24/7 so i have a ready stash on hand that I regularly cycle through. This heaping plate of glory is roasted sweet potatoes, kale, and eggs over medium with just the right gooeyness, I could shed a small tear. I can't remember where I heard it, but the wise words "eggs shouldn't run, they should walk" have forever been emblazoned on my brain... and my heart.
|how festive is this breakfast??
2. Christmas cookies. Annual sisters/mom cookie day. Sean participated as well because he's always an honorary girl at any gathering of gals I may have (something he is immensely proud of). I forewent the linzers this year which was a bit of a regret because our color was slightly lacking, but my sister came through with her jammy rugelach which is always my reason for the cookie season. But shown here is:
1. the rugelach with apricot jam
2. peppermint chocolate fudge bombs. I don't actually know what they were called but that's ganache in the center there and that sufficeth for me.
3. snickers bars
4. chocolate/vanilla pinwheels
5. pecan sandies
|give me nuts in my cookies or give me death.
#4 and #5 are mine. Not pictured are caramels that we wrapped, toffee festively bagged, and some kind of toffee brownie bar. I ate about 4 cookies before I had to tap out of sugar and my mom busted out the celery.