On the contrary, there are many sounds that are very pleasing to my ears.
1. City buses, in general. The breaks of the sightseeing buses make the most delightful soft, drawn-out squeak. I call them urban whales. I also love the sounds other buses make. I don't know why. They sound like UFOs or something.
2. I was doing dishes one day, long ago, and started washing a muffin tin. The sound of the water hitting the individual pockets startled and delighted me, each making a different tone according to the angle at which i was holding the pan and how much water was already in the pockets. I tried to make a song but then realized i'd rather just be done with washing dishes.
3. When i yell or cough near the piano and it echoes back to me.
4. The hiss of the radiator. i love it. it calms me.
5. the following instruments: cello, violin, french horn, oboe, even the bassoon, and the harp are all nice. And I don't mind a good marimba.
I always thought water fountains were silly. However, I walked by my neighbor's in Las Vegas almost everyday. I grew to love it. I love the sound of trickling water, weather that's a river or a fountain or rainfall.
I also love nature sounds... bird calls, whale calls, crickets, coyotes howling...
baby laughs... awesome!
Do you spend a lot of time yelling near your piano?
I guess I do.
Ange--nice sounds. baby laughs = ear candy for sure.
Post a Comment