Today and specific to this thanksgiving, I am thankful for:
- Bullets, because they bring order to my life.
- Family to be here with us. It's a rare treat and they are two of my faves. Their names: The Uncles.
- Waterproof and odd-shaped bandages to wrap around an almost-severed finger.
- A pretty day of chilly sunshine and subdued but still present fall colors, and the brave leaves who are hanging on until the very end.
- A small boy wearing my favorite fall colors: rusty orange and peacock blue. Jealous.
- Cooking, and actually doing some of it myself, which, on this day, probably accumulates to all that I do the rest of the year combined.
- Eating dark chocolate mint creams, because I like me a pre-dinner chocolate.
- Letting other people do stuff while I sit at the computer. Hey, I'm staying out of the way.
- knowing that I am basically the same kid I was at 14 years of age, 21, etc.
- Endless conversation--most of it interesting--and a husband who knows everything about EVERYTHING. Main discussion is regarding food, naturally, and Sean will give us some tidbit about the origins and ancient usages, etc. Examples: Honey, potatoes, onions, etc.
- Watching Sean slather two giant handfuls of butter onto a turkey and lather and massage it with the greatest care.
- This stuffing here, because it teaches me self-restraint and patience.
- That I did not burn my esophagus yesterday whilst drinking Jacques Torres' wicked and wickedly hot chocolate.
- To Kill a Mockingbird and making it the official Thanksgiving Movie (both are about birds, see).
- Lord of the Rings Trivial Pursuit and how it makes me feel inside.
- To read someone's blog and feel inspired to write a post. Thankful for some exterior thing to churn up the words inside my head when I feel boring and wordless.
- A blog as a platform for the words. You've been my constant companion these 7.5 years. Cheers to you (and all of YOU.)
I actually feel the same way about blogs, i.e. they make me feel inspired to write one of my own. Yours does, sometimes. Sometimes bad blogs/entries inspire me to write. Sometimes t.v. does. You just never know when inspiration is going to strike.
So true. And guess what? It was your blog that led me to put up this post. If you wanted to know.
Post a Comment