How touched I am that you left so many wonderful comments to my previous post & plea for help. I think we should have monthly confessionals or something because i loved this. Also, i think your comments saved me for last week was especially trying given the recent snowfall. I can't really talk about it for that would negate my efforts to be in denial about it, but just know that you helped me more than you will know. I am dedicating a new separate post to your comments, i enjoyed them so much.
1. Totally agreed with & laughed at Rob's comment about Joel's "confession." "I care too much." ha haha. Joel's 2nd confession reminded me of another one i have, and this one is seriously serious.
Sean will totally disown me when/if he finds out about this. I don't think it was THAT gross but i have a feeling he would have died if i'd told him. But it's time to come clean. One time, in the not too distant past, we had ordered some thai food. I was prepping it for Sean and digging into a carton of steaming hot rice when i spotted a brown spot--yes, it was a bug. Probably a cockroach. It was gross. I have this thing where i don't want to give in to the grossness of reality sometimes, so i just pretend everything's fine, that I am unaffected. Just ignore it, it will go away. If i react too much, the gross thing will have won, and i don't want to let that happen. So i threw the bug away, and the rice surrounding it, and calmly resumed preparing the thai food and eating it. I'm sorry, Sean. I swear, I thought I was protecting you!! (I really wonder what he will say....)
2. Rachel, making up a confession about hitting an animal just to go with your car confessions is awesome. I do not laugh at animals getting hit by cars, but you are just a funny girl.
3. Amber, your confession is so disturbing. I canNOT believe that actually happened. This tale needs to be told at length. Because ohmygaah.
4. On that note, Sean's favorite confession? Andrew's. "Comic genius," Sean said. This means a lot, Andrew, I hope you know. :) And i agree. Totally busted up.
5. Natalie, it took a lot of courage to confess what you did. I think we were all nasty kids at some point. ;) Some time ago, my friend Brooke and i got together and read notes we wrote to each other from high school. Maybe it was the age and that's just how kids are but all of mine were like, "Dear Brooke, you are a loser!" "Dear Brooke, you are so dumb." (<-- total word-for-word opener from one...) So jerky. I was like, "geez, why were you friends with me?? Hi, I'm Jen. Jen the bully. BE MY FRIEND OR ELSE."
6. I laughed at "I nearly started drooling I'm so excited for summer to come" from one of Alanna's confessions. Also, that dream about cheating on your husband was kind of funny. I hate those dreams. I mean, where you did something horribly wrong and you feel all the guilt & emotions in a real way for something you didn't actually do. Why, dreams? why?
Thanks again for all the comments. They were delightsome and i got a bit of serotonin from reading them. Rickets gone.
p.s. feel free to continue adding confessions. i really think i might have sporadic blog posts about them, whenever i feel the need.