Apparently I just can't say enough about it. Here we go!
1. You feel that using the word "fan" is insufficient. Maybe uber-fan? Crazy fan? Crazy uber-geek fan?
2. You buy yourself Lord of the Rings Trivial Pursuit for Christmas.
3. You play it SIX TIMES over the holidays.
4. WHILE watching the movies.
5. WITH subtitles on, so you now know the names of secondary or thirdary characters. Hama, Haldir, etc. (Hama gets his head bitten off by a Worg and Haldir is the pretty elf guy of Lothlorien who comes to help fight at Helm's Deep)
6. You get mad when you lose the game and want to take out the winner's wedges, and throw them all over the room.
7. When you read the word "eleven" anywhere, you consistently misread it as "elven." And you're disappointed when you realize it's not.
8. You fight about naming a daughter Eowyn.
9. Similarly, you are jealous of the girl you know whose middle name is Arwen. For real.
10. You talk about Lord of the Rings ALL. THE. TIME.