Wednesday, November 11, 2009


There are things we mistype, aka a "typo." (for the record, i ALWAYS first type "typoe" when typing that.)

What can we call a misread? A noun. Is there a word that exists for this?

I suggest: reado, pronounced "read-oh." thoughts? suggestions?
with a hyphen?

Today i had a great read-o:

actual text: "it was primarily born out of desperation."

what i read: "I was primarily born out of desperation."

And that's just good fun.


Alanna said...

Maybe call it a rea-d'oh. Then it's ALSO a Simpson's reference...

)en said...


Rob said...

ha! funny I did the same reado before I read your reado. I guess it's decided that it's reado.