What i love:
- THE FALL. I love autumntime so much. I love the chilly weather and the colors are so pretty and the smells so delicious. I'm really excited to not sweat 3 liters a day. Yes, it's that plentiful--i can actually measure. (sick) And I love fall food. Pies, soups, hurrah! I'm bustin' out the ramekins and it's game on with mini-pies. get excited.
- Clothes. I love fall clothes. A new season is a good excuse for new clothes. I love sweaters (i just accidentally typed "sewers" False. I have no love for sewers.) and boots. BOOTS!!
- Farmers markets! They are around all year and i love them all year but they are special in the fall and October means the beginning of the apple harvest, the season of dreams (<-- ignore).
- I love the holidays that are contained therein. Halloween? YES YES. I should just end the list here. But i won't. Thanksgiving? well, i like it fine. It's not a faaavorite, but holidays surrounding food (oh and thankfulness) are nice, right.
- It's my anniversary in October (MINE) and i like to be reminded of this event. Sean and i usually take a day trip upstate somewhere. This year this is an idea: Storm King. It's an outdoor museum/park thing. It looks crazy cool and ethereal, my two most important qualities in things.
- The annual chili and pie cookoff. What will i make this year? I don't know. Any suggestions? And should i or should i not drop something in the middle? Also, the chili cookoff band is back, i think. I'm thinking John Denver this year. Thoughts?
On that note, I love you, October! You fill up my senses.
Oh, and what are your favorite things about what is clearly the best month of the year?
Caramel apples (But, as I was reminded today, you have to seriously work to eat them—I'm exhausted.)
I kind of dread the arrival of cold weather. I'm a shorts, t-shirt, and flipflops girl, so any extra work in the "getting dressed" department depresses me. But having said that, I will admit that I am LOVING apples being in season again! Yum. It makes my little Washington heart happy.
I support your John Denver...ness. Apparently our musical tastes are ridiculously similar. You fill up my senses indeed!
And any excuse to dress up like Michael Jackson/The Beatles/A Preppy/A Techno Twin is a winning holiday in my book.
I love pumpkins!!! I love eating them (pumpkin bread, pumpkin cookies, pumpkin soup...), I love carving them, I love looking at them... And I love decorating for Halloween, too. Fall is definitely my favorite time of year.
Andrew, i should like to see this costume. Every year i dream of having the most amazing costume ever and then i rarely even dress up. One day, this dream will be a reality.
"looking at them..." ha ha. i picture you resting your chin on your hands and staring at a pumpkin. Funny stuff. But you are right, all pumpkin foods = the best.
caramel apples are super fun in theory, but yeah you really have to gear up to eat them. Fall apples though are magical, i concur.
Post a Comment