What i love:
- THE FALL. I love autumntime so much. I love the chilly weather and the colors are so pretty and the smells so delicious. I'm really excited to not sweat 3 liters a day. Yes, it's that plentiful--i can actually measure. (sick) And I love fall food. Pies, soups, hurrah! I'm bustin' out the ramekins and it's game on with mini-pies. get excited.
- Clothes. I love fall clothes. A new season is a good excuse for new clothes. I love sweaters (i just accidentally typed "sewers" False. I have no love for sewers.) and boots. BOOTS!!
- Farmers markets! They are around all year and i love them all year but they are special in the fall and October means the beginning of the apple harvest, the season of dreams (<-- ignore).
- I love the holidays that are contained therein. Halloween? YES YES. I should just end the list here. But i won't. Thanksgiving? well, i like it fine. It's not a faaavorite, but holidays surrounding food (oh and thankfulness) are nice, right.
- It's my anniversary in October (MINE) and i like to be reminded of this event. Sean and i usually take a day trip upstate somewhere. This year this is an idea: Storm King. It's an outdoor museum/park thing. It looks crazy cool and ethereal, my two most important qualities in things.
- The annual chili and pie cookoff. What will i make this year? I don't know. Any suggestions? And should i or should i not drop something in the middle? Also, the chili cookoff band is back, i think. I'm thinking John Denver this year. Thoughts?
On that note, I love you, October! You fill up my senses.
Oh, and what are your favorite things about what is clearly the best month of the year?